We welcome all external researchers from the general public and the academic community. Appointments to access objects and documents in the museum can be made in person, by phone or by email - see our contact us page for details. Please give us a minimum of two working days notice for your request.
- A maximum of 12 objects can be pre-ordered for each appointment.
- Some objects may be unsuitable or unavailable for research.
- You will be required to undertake a short object handling briefing session when you arrive. Please allow an extra few minutes for this.
To make your request
- Register and / or sign in to the website using the buttons at the top right of the page:
- View the collection and select the objects you would like to use by clicking on the 'Add to my favourites' button below the object.
- You can review your list under the 'My Favourites' link at the top of the page. Here you can remove any unwanted objects by clicking on the 'Remove from my Favourites' button under the object.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- your user name (so that we can see your list)
- the preferred date and time that you would like to visit
- what you would be doing with the objects eg. photography, drawing, object analysis
- any other information
- Once received, a member of the MoDiP team will respond as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.