A decorative back comb with a pierced decorative panel depicting two lions flanking a central shield with the initials HB and the date 1694. The lions are surrounded by scrollwork incorporating tulips and other flowers. The surround to the pierced panel is also decorated with a floral design. The panel is carved at each end and a narrow pierced panel runs along the top. The teeth each finish in a globule. Two are broken and one is missing from the end. The detail is worked on both sides of the comb. The comb is thought to be Dutch in origin. Exhibited at the Worthing Museum in 1973 and also on display in the Museum of London's Late Stuart Gallery. This natural plastic item forms part of the Worshipful Company of Horners collection.