Horse eye shield

Details
Object number
PHSL : 162
Date
1939 - 1945 (circa)

Description

An eye shield designed to be worn by horses, circa 1940s. These goggles are made of thermoformed cellulose nitrate or acetate with fabric webbing and brass press studs. They are thought to have been used during the 2nd World War to protect horses eyes against gas attacks. This item forms part of the Plastics Historical Society (PHS) collection.
Designers & Manufacturers
Designer (Person)
Manufacturer

Inscriptions

"Newly Brothers B'ham pat 201430 - 22" (studs)
Dimensions
Width
170mm
Height
80mm
Length
320mm
Method
Colour