Military lantern

Details
Object number
PHSL : 182
Country
Date
1939 (circa)

Description

A 1930s or 1940s portable lantern powered by acetylene and apparently for military use. It is made of compression moulded rag filled phenol formaldehyde and has metal attachments and glass windows. This item forms part of the Plastics Historical Society (PHS) collection. (see also PHSL 183 and 218)
Designers & Manufacturers
Designer (Person)
Manufacturer

Inscriptions

moulded : "2880 2 small nazi emblem stamped on carrying clip"
Dimensions
Width
100mm
Height
225mm
Depth
110mm
Colour